The Lukas & Qvia developers occasionally release firmware updates for product quality control and feature add-ins. This article provides a comprehensive step-by-step guide for updating or re-installing your camera's firmware.
To update or re-install your camera's firmware:
- Select and download the camera's firmware file from our Interactive Download Center and save it to a convenient place (i.e. Desktop, Downloads) on your computer and unzip the folder.
- Format the SD card through the Lukas Viewer or your computer.
Note: Back up and save any important data before formatting.
- Drag all files located inside the unzipped folder to the SD card.
- Open the SD card on the Lukas Viewer and configure your desired settings and save. (Optional)
- Eject the SD Card from your computer.
- Insert SD Card back into dash camera.
- Connect power then turn on the device.
- Display LCD/LED should prompt a firmware update in process.
- After the firmware update is complete, the dash camera will automatically reboot.
- The update is now complete.
- Restart device manually.